Mechanical & Electrical Services Manager
6 Month FTC (Likely to extend for 12 months)
Jobline Staffing are working in partnership with Cornwall Housing to recruit a Mechanical & Electrical Services Manager to join their team located at Bodmin.
Reporting to the Director of H & M, this is a senior level position managing a diverse range of roles, including Service Managers, Supervisors, Technical Team Leaders and Trade Staff. Experience in an identical position where you can demonstrate the ability to manage/oversee from the top is a pre-requisite.
The key purpose of the role is to effectively manage and develop the Mechanical & Electrical Service. Specifically managing the house provision for the undertaking of application servicing, test and inspects, repairs and capital programmes for electrical works, gas, oil, air and heat source systems, renewable heading and solid fuel heating to Cornwall Housing Properties
These services are expected to be delivered to a high quality, be cost effective and be customer orientated. Requiring someone with existing knowledge and experience to be accountable for the following:
- Ensuring that the in-house operational delivery team for M & E Maintenance and Repairs is successfully incorporate within the planned cyclical service
- Ensuring that new team members receive necessary training, guidance, mentoring and support to enable them to swiftly integrate into the team and to operate effectively
- To assist the Director of Repairs & Maintenance in the strategic development of the M&E Services to meet changing requirements and demands
- Manage the development of the M & E teams and individual targets
- In conjunction with both the mechanical and electrical service managers, ensure direct labour resources are effectively and efficiently deployed, that repairs are carried out in order to meet set targets and that materials and parts are economically purchased and utilised
- Achieve and maintain an effective working relationship with the M&E Team, external contractor and key stakeholders to ensure effective day-to-day management of service delivery
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
The role is largely office based but will regularly require attendance to customer’s homes and other sites of business
Qualifications required are, Gas – ACS/NVQ and/or C & G 2382/NVQ3 – Electrical along with an Enhanced DBS (this will be acquired for the successful candidate)
The position is a 6 month FTC offering a competitive base salary. If you are interested in this new opportunity please forward a copy of your CV to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.