Area Technical Officer
£13.79 per hour
Jobline Staffing is recruiting for an experienced Area Technical Officer (Contracts) to work for Cornwall Housing within their Homes & Investments team.
This role is subject to a DBS clearance.
A temporary role that will require the candidate to manage the delivery of the electrical heating programme 2019/20
This includes engaging with the external contractor, approving designs, monitoring performance and managing installation quality, in line with CHL specifications, post inspecting heating installations, and signing off completed works for payment.
- Pre-inspection of properties or areas to determine proposed scope and value of draft programmed works
- Preparation of schedules and specifications of work
- Inspection and site surveying of planned maintenance works and other specialist projects in void and tenanted properties
- Inspection of works in progress carrying out agreed % post inspections on planned maintenance and specialist projects to ensure quality and value for money
- Specify, instruct and monitor work to major property refurbishments, including pre and post inspection
- Liaison with utilities suppliers, budgetary control and speed of works to meet specific KPI’s
- Assist in delivery and supervision of cyclical and specialist works as required
- Be aware of new methods of working and to promote procedures that will help provide value for money
- Liaise with partners and contractors to examine new and innovative approaches to partnership working
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Building related qualification (e.g. BTec National/Higher National Certificate) or demonstrates relevant experience in the construction or housing facilities management related fields
- Sound and thorough understanding of construction industry maintenance & repairs techniques relating to social housing
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of all property maintenance matter and an awareness of the certification, legislative and regulatory processes relating to social housing provision
- Experience and knowledge of night storage and air source heating installation
- Strong contract management
- Strong IT skills and be a good communicator
- Ability to engage with both contractors, co-workers and tenants
- Candidate will require a full driver’s license and use of their own vehicle, with mileage being paid at the corporate rates
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please apply to Jane today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.