£20,670-£26,247 per annum
Jobline Staffing are recruiting for a permanent Asbestos Analyst/Surveyor to work for CORMAC within their Engineering Laboratory.
The role involves the sampling and analysis of asbestos containing materials, air sampling & fibre counting and associated processes and operations related to the technical work of the Engineering Services Laboratory
In addition to the testing, the role includes the on site management and supervision of asbestos removal contracts; ensuing that the operations are performed safely, in compliance with the CAR, and that the properties are suitable for re-use through the statutory Re-occupation Certification
- Responsible for organising own workload, equipment and materials within the specialist area of responsibility
- Ensure you are up to date with relevant legislation and techniques
- Carry out testing, investigations, monitoring and technical surveys to meet the client’s requirements
- Assist in the preparation, letting and supervision of contracts on behalf of the client
- Perform insitu surveys and testing, collecting technical data for analysis.
- Assimilate information, perform calculations and analyses and assist in providing interpretative reports, plans/drawings and advice to the respective client(s)
- Managing the safe removal of asbestos containing materials on site to comply
- Instructing asbestos removal contractors to ensure that materials are removed safely and securely
- Ensuring that a property is safe for re-occupation following asbestos removal operations to prevent exposure to personnel
- Managing situations on site where asbestos containing materials have been inadvertently disturbed to mitigate personal exposure to occupiers and contractors
- Providing technical advice and information to property managers and occupiers on issues relating to asbestos removal contracts and incidents to meet their concerns
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above including English and Maths or equivalent
- British Occupational Hygiene Society Proficiency Certificates in Asbestos modules P401, P403 & P404 (or equivalent)
- Proven experience of sampling & testing of bulk asbestos materials; air sampling; fibre counting and 4-stage reoccupation certification in accordance with HSG 248
- The normal duties of the role may involve travel on a regular or occasional basis. It is a condition of employment that the role holder can exercise satisfactory travel mobility in order to fulfil the obligations of the role.
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please apply today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.