Chief Information Security Officer
£30,000 – £35,000 per annum dependant on experience
Jobline Staffing are recruiting for a permanent Chief Information Security Officer for an award winning clinical software providing organisation.
As the Chief Information Security Officer it will be your responsibility to act as an executive-level manager who directs strategy, operations and the budget for the protection of the enterprise information assets and manages that program. The scope of responsibility will encompass communications, applications and infrastructure, including the policies and procedures which apply.
The Chief Information Security Officer will bring strong leadership and people management abilities. In their role, they must use strategic thinking to identify risks and trends and stay ahead of the threats to the environment they protect. To do this they must be able to understand multiple complex systems and technology at a detail level in a constantly changing threat environment.
- Direct and approve the design of security systems;
- Ensure that disaster recovery and business continuity plans are in place and tested;
- Review and approve security policies, controls and cyber incident response planning;
- Review investigations after breaches or incidents, including impact analysis and recommendations for avoiding similar vulnerabilities;
- Maintain a current understanding the IT threat landscape for the industry;
- Ensure compliance with the changing laws and applicable regulations;
- Schedule periodic security audits;
- Make sure that cyber security policies and procedures are communicated to all personnel and that compliance is enforced;
- Manage all teams, employees, contractors and vendors involved in IT security, which may include hiring;
- Provide training and mentoring to security team members;
- Brief the executive team on status and risks, including taking the role of champion for the overall strategy and necessary budget; and
- Communicate best practices and risks to all parts of the business, outside IT.
- University degree in Computer Science, IT Security or related field
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Network security including TCP/IP, communication protocols and vulnerabilities
- Technical knowledge of different types of hardware, storage, imaging and file system analysis
- Understanding of legislation concerning data acquisition, protection and transmission
- Mobile operating systems, applications and security protocols
- Protection systems against malware, hacking and other threats
- Secure practices in coding for standard languages, such as C, C++, Java and others
Further Desirable Experience:
- Cisco certification in CCNA, CCNP and related security fields
- Microsoft Windows Server and client environments
- SCO Openserver Unix / Unixware Configuration, administration & networking
- SUSE or similar Linux Configuration, administration & networking.
- Knowledge & understanding of virtualisation technologies. Including VMWare workstation
- HP & SAN technologies.
- Exchange Server & mail technologies.
- Advanced Networking techniques
- ITIL V4 Foundation or equivalent
- CISSP, CEH, CCNA / Security or CCNP
- Microsoft 365 Environments
- GP Clinical System Environment and government infrastructure requirements.
- ISO 27001 – Information security management
- ISO 22301 – BDM and DR
- ISO 20001 – IT Service Management
- Clinical Safety
- 28 Days annual leave (inc. Bank Holidays) increasing to 33, pro-rata.
- Pension scheme,
- Health Care Plans,
- Salary sacrifice bicycle schemes
Plus many more
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please contact Cameron Wallace or apply today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to Cameron.Wallace@joblinestaffing.co.uk.