Cloud and Virtualisation Engineer
Jobline Staffing are now recruiting for a Cloud and Virtualisation Engineer to provide day-to-day running of an academic Institutions Cloud and Virtualisation services.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of Cloud and virtualisation services within a Service Management framework and in line with the agreed college standards and Service Levels.
- Responsible for managing the resolution of major incidents and any escalated issues on the Cloud and Virtualisation Platforms.
- Responsible for supporting the delivery of technological change across the Cloud and Virtualisation Platforms.
- Responsible for supporting the security, resilience, backup and monitoring of the college Cloud and Virtualisation platforms.
- Represent the Cloud and Virtualisation team in Change Advisory Board meetings, and Daily Service Reviews.
- Responsible for identifying and undertaking Service Improvements.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities to reduce environmental impact and implementing improvements.
- Responsible for working closely with the other teams within IT to provide an excellent IT Service.
- Responsible for contributing to proposed solutions to ensure they are fit for purpose and provide optimal value for money.
- Responsible for the adoption into service of new solutions ensuring operational suitability.
- Responsible for responding to customer improvement activity.
Required skills and experience:
- Experience in supporting secure cloud solutions based on Microsoft Azure (IaaS) in an enterprise environment
- Demonstrated experience in the deployment, configuration and support of Microsoft Azure based IaaS/PaaS environments
- Good knowledge of IT Security protocols, processes, policies and standards
- Involvement in implementing IT security policy and standards
- Knowledge of IT service management, including change and incident management
- Demonstration of the technical skills needed to handle innovation and change resulting from the implementation of new ICT solutions
- Experience of working with enterprise scale applications, infrastructure and software
- Well-developed technical skills, with particular emphasis on advanced troubleshooting and technical best practice
- Demonstrated flexibility and positive attitude towards implementation of technical services in a fast-paced environment with inherent risks and many stakeholders with differing views of success
- Proven ability to manage a set of complex operational services
- Ability to identify and manage priorities
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audience
As well as a competitive salary this role offers good benefit that includes:
- 33 days holiday (inc. bank holidays)
- Excellent pension scheme
To discuss this role further please contact Jobline Staffing today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.