Temporary Full Time
Competitive Hourly Rate TBC DOE
Jobline Staffing is recruiting for a temporary Commercial Assistant to work for Cormac within their Contracting Division. The role will be ongoing temporary in the first instance. There maybe an opportunity to go permanent for the right candidate.
- Working with the Managing & Senior Quantity Surveyor, Commercial Team and Operational Managers to assist in the commercial and contract management
- Receive, register and acknowledge all tender documents and contract variations
- Record all tender details on the estimating computer system or variation details in site management system
- Liaise with commercial and/or operational managers to undertake initial discussions on pricing and scheduling of the work to be tendered for and the preparation of variation
- To take off quantities for materials and services from the tender documents or contact variation
- Undertake site investigations to identify potential problems not apparent from the tender documents to establish where there is a requirement for contract variation pricing
- Ensure that all tender documents or variation quotations are returned on time and in the specified form
- Liaise with the Project Manager, Construction and Estimating Teams to conduct a post tender review to establish the reasons for a tender being successful
- Undertake site based commercial and contractual administrative/database management functions such as works measurement, supplier account management, material usage, labour and plant allocation
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- NVQ2 in Construction and Engineering Services and working towards NVQ3 or equivalent
- Experience within the construction/civils sector
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office packages
- Problem solving and analysis
- Planning and organising
- Full UK driving licence
- CITB Site Managers H&S qualification and practical experience of Health & Safety in an engineering/construction related environment
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please apply to Jane today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.