Permanent – 18.5hrs per week
£11.40 – £12.00 p/hr
Jobline Staffing are delighted to be working with Cornwall Council and their affiliated companies/organisations. In this instance we are seeking to recruit an experienced Council Clerk/Administrator to join a close-nit team, located in Camborne.
This is a permanent, part-time position, covering 18.5 hours per week (potential to build on this).
Reporting into the Parish Council Chairman, the ideal candidate will be confident in communicating at all levels, and will be highly organised, with the ability to work to their own initiatives as well as follow instruction if required.
The role requires someone with a range of skills, from being a competent administrator and experienced typist. To being social media friendly, having the responsibility of keeping the Parish Council social media platforms informative and up to date
Key skills and experience required to be successful in this position are as follows:
- Ability to use the MS Office Suite and email programs
- Ability to utilise and update social media platforms including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Competent typist, this role requires taking minutes at monthly meetings
- Good maths skills (there is a small amount of banking with this post)
- Positive, can-do attitude is essential!
- One of the key responsibilities of this position is to attend 2 monthly meetings, which take place twice a month during the early evening. (1 on a Wednesday and 1 on a Thursday) It is a requirement of the Clerk to take the minutes at these meetings, to draw up agendas and to distribute this information to the Councillors of the Parish, by either email or post. Due to this, you must be a competent typist with accurate typing skills, who is able to collate documents and correspondence.
In return, you will:
- Have a fully flexible schedule where you will have the option of working from a home office location for part of the 18.5hrs
- Receive a competitive hourly rate up to £12p/hr (depending on experience)
- Have variety in your working day, where you will work across a range of tasks. Say goodbye to boredom!
- Be given the autonomy to work in a self-managed environment. No micromanagement!
- Have the responsibility of working to your own initiatives to complete tasks. This is a sole charge role, managed by YOU!
We really do seek a Jack or Jane of all trades who is 100% flexible in terms of working location and time. Someone who is happy and able to turn their hand to a variety of tasks and someone who is trustworthy, and wants the responsibility of being in a sole-charge, and highly self-managed role.
If you have the above skills and experience we would like to hear from you! Apply today to Debs at Jobline Staffing.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.