Data Migration Engineer
£25,000 – £32,000 D.O.E
Jobline Staffing are recruiting for a permanent Level 2 Data Migration Engineer for an award winning Software providing organisation.
The Data Migration Engineer will be responsible for working with a variety of development and software tools interfacing with differing clinical systems and products. Working with both technical & non-technical members of the Agile teams, this role will develop and maintain effective solutions and toolkits for use in data migration and data transformation processes.
- Contributes simultaneously on different projects with little impact due to context switching.
- To assist with the transformation and manipulation of data in order to transfer data between software solutions.
- Assist with the design of data structures for optimal storage, creation, retrieval or data mining.
- Proficient with Data Analysis, Modelling, and regression along with XML & SQL
- Coaches juniors and transfers existing and newly acquired knowledge to peers.
- Assists in writing production quality routines
- Demonstrate a logical and structured approach to time management
- Identifies and solves data storage problems and can define/map data patterns
- Keep abreast of industry developments and technologies and interact with other team members to improve skills.
- Manage source code and version control using GIT.
- Dedicated to learning and progressing to a more senior position.
- SQL Experience with demonstrable skills in analysing and developing complex SQL queries, preferably MySQL.
- Have a good background in software development (C++, C#, JS, PHP) and or mathematics, either by training or experience.
- Experience of XML, XPath and XQuery.
- Have an understanding of common database technologies and paradigms such as referential integrity, foreign keys, indexing, schema management, clustering etc and the ability to apply such in design and implementation.
- Experience in preparing system documents, use cases, test cases and other documentation
- Experience with data migration, data conversion, database upgrades, physical modelling, schema designs
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Experience with production support and change control protocols.
- Knowledge and/or experience of ETL toolkits.
• 28 Days annual leave (Inc. Bank Holidays) increasing to 33, pro-rata.
• Pension scheme,
• Health Care Plans,
• Salary sacrifice bicycle schemes
Plus many more
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please contact Cameron Wallace or apply today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to Cameron.Wallace@joblinestaffing.co.uk.