Circa £35,000 per annum
Jobline Staffing are recruiting for a permanent Database Administrator on behalf of a large scale learning provider.
As a Database Administrator, you will work across all areas of the IT and Digital Directorate ensuring that all databases are created, secured, tuned and maintained to the highest standards. To achieve this, the role works across the Directorate to create a secure, robust and documented environment which meets and exceeds the customers’ requirements.
The role also provides specialist guidance, training and assistance to other team members in supporting the implemented solutions that utilise database technologies.
Although focused on database administration, the role holder is required to consider and work across all the technologies for which the Business Application and Integration section is responsible.
- Lead on the design of secure technical solutions within the roles specialism, defining product roadmaps and standards, aligning to the Technical Lifecycle Policy
- Build and test technology solutions, based on an approved design, ensuring it is secure, fit-for-purpose, fully documented and communicated.
- Monitor and tune all database environments to ensure optimal availability and performance of the service
- Troubleshoot complex technical problems and incidents, assessing their impact on technical designs, creating workarounds, fixes and redesigns, as required, to maintain a stable environment
- Ensure that capacity and availability within services are monitored and maintained and that the technologies within the scope of the role continue to operate within design parameters
- Formal expert certifications from Microsoft in a role-appropriate subject
- Significant experience supporting and maintaining a wide range of technologies
- Significant experience of managing and performance tuning Microsoft SQL Server databases (SQL 2008 R2 – SQL 2016) to ensure optimal operation of business systems
- Extensive experience of enterprise database technologies, such as MSSQL failover clustering and high availability
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please contact Cameron Wallace or apply today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to Cameron.Wallace@joblinestaffing.co.uk.