Up to £40,000 per annum dependant on experience
Jobline Staffing are recruiting for a Database Administrator on behalf of a leading Medical Software providing organisation.
As a Database Administrator you will be responsible for working within the core development and management of interfaces to the differing clinical system databases to provide data insights and support decision making and data mapping for the business.
- Ensure design and development take into account all aspects of requirements – including data quality, customer experience, architecture, security & operations to ensure systems are fit for purpose
- Identify and solve performance bottlenecks in SQL and other database platforms
- Report progress on development and escalate issues or slippage in a timely fashion, identifying remedial actions
- Manage source code and version control using CVS
- Work independently or in conjunction with other developers as the work requires. Participate fully in team planning and work with colleagues to continuously improve the team’s performance
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with other members of the data team and the wider technology organization
- SQL Experience with demonstrable skills in analysing and developing complex SQL queries
- Provision MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations.
- Have an understanding of common database technologies.
- Experience in preparing system design documents, use cases, test cases and other systems specifications documentation
- Experience with MySQL database design & architecture, administration, implementation and management
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment (e.g., collaborate with team members, users and software programmers)
- Experience with data migration, data conversion, database upgrades, physical modelling, schema designs
- Experience with production support, change control and release management processes and procedures.
- Familiarity with Linux administration would be an advantage
- 28 Days annual leave (Inc. Bank Holidays) increasing to 33, pro-rata.
- Pension scheme,
- Health Care Plans,
- Salary sacrifice bicycle schemes
- Plus many more.
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please contact Cameron Wallace or apply today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to Cameron.Wallace@joblinestaffing.co.uk.