Embedded Systems Engineer
Up to £60,000 per annum (DOE)
Jobline Staffing are recruiting for a permanent Embedded Systems Engineer on behalf of a world leading advanced Mechanical Engineering Organisation. The role will be based at my clients’ state-of-the-art facility within the beautiful County of Cornwall.
- Embedded systems design
- Firmware design using embedded operating systems – FreeRTOS / ChibiOS
- Firmware and electronic hardware testing and debugging
- Integration, commissioning and design verification on robotic hardware
The preferred candidate will have knowledge of one or more of the following skills:
- Microcontroller firmware design
- Development and debugging in C / Embedded C
- Motor control theory
- Servo drives
- PID tuning techniques
- Closed loop control (Speed, position, current)
- Electronic schematic capture and PCB design
- Motor drive (Brushed and BLDC) , (PWM, Sinusoidal, Field Oriented Control)
- Low noise ADC
- Sensor feedback
- Board prototyping and fault finding
- Knowledge of common communication protocols (physical and application layers)
- Ethernet (TCP/IP, UDP)
- Board-level (I2C, SPI/SSI)
Additional desired skills/experience:
- Use of STMicroelectronics STM32 microcontrollers and CubeMX
- Use of open source software development environments – UNIX/Linux (Ubuntu), Eclipse IDE, KiCAD, gEDA PCB
- Systems design for robotic applications
- Practical, hands-on experience of any kind on a personal project or hobby (could be electronics, mechanical, creative, etc)
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please contact Cameron Wallace or apply today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.