Temporary Full Time
£15.50 per hour
Jobline Staffing is recruiting for experienced Gas Engineers to work for one of our clients. This will be carrying out installations and servicing of gas boilers, responsive repairs and improvements.
This role is subject to a DBS clearance
- Carry out technical trade repairs, maintenance and improvement works within the designated service department to properties
- Undertake works in accordance with current regulations with regards to heating systems and appliances including annual servicing, responsive repairs, work arising from service, void and mutual exchange safety certification
- Boiler replacements and full system installations as required
- Ensuring compliance with current regulations by the completion of relevant certification
- Hold current gas accreditation with Gas Safe CCN1, CENWAT1, HTR1, CKR1, CPA1 essential and be eligible for registration with Gas Safe
- Hold current oil accreditation with OFT10-101, OFT10-105e and OFT10-106a essential and be eligible for registration with OFTEC
- Ensuring accurate recording, completion and submission of paper work including time sheets, job sheets and material usage
- Ensure accurate recording and use of PDA hand held devices, including correctly completed and submitted electronic job orders, time recording, material usage, variations, completion and sign off
- Ensuring accurate requests for special material orders via the appropriate team leader
- Undertake all work efficiently and cost effectively, minimising non- productive time wherever possible and reporting any difficulties encountered to the applicable team leader
- Carry out all duties in an efficient, courteous manner with due respect to any special circumstances or needs of tenants affected
- Responsible for the correct use of vehicles in accordance with company policy
- Responsible for ensuring safe working procedures are maintained and all site operations are performed in a safe manner in accordance with risk and method assessments/statements to the requirements of CDM regulations
- Present a positive attitude to tenants and leaseholders at all times
- Undertake when required other duties not specifically mentioned within the role profile that are reasonable to the level of accountability
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Completion of a relevant apprenticeship; City & Guilds or equivalent qualification in Heating and Plumbing, along with Gas Safe CCN1, CENWAT1, HTR1, CKR1, CPA1 CCN1, OFT 10-101, 10-105e, 10-600a,
- Solar Thermal and any ASHP/GSHP accreditation, Part L Energy Efficiency, ‘Part P’ electrical small works is desirable
- Unvented Qualification, WRAS, LPG & OFTEC desirable
- Substantial experience in the installation, servicing and maintenance and repair of heating systems is essential
- Substantial post qualification experience in a repair, inspection, diagnostics, maintenance and improvement environment is essential
- Experience of working within a Housing Maintenance environment is desirable
- Good communication skills both verbal and written, planning and organizational skills is essential
- Full UK driving licence
- Confident and self motivated
- Able to work individually or as part of a team
**A van will be provided for work purposes only**
Work will be throughout Cornwall, however we would be interested to hear from candidates in the Truro and Bodmin area.
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please apply to Jane today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.