Geotechnical Design Engineer
£23,175-£31,703 per annum
Jobline Staffing are recruiting for a Geotechnical Design Engineer to work for CORMAC within their Consultancy Division.
Working with CORMAC, Cornwall Council officers, Environment Agency, Consultants, Contractors, Equipment manufacturers, suppliers and other private sector Laboratories to undertake a range of technical duties within the Geoenvironmental Consultancy. To produce estimates and quotations for projects, to provide professional surveys design, advice and expertise.
- Provide professional technical advice and guidance within the areas of personal expertise
- Organise and programme work within the specialist area of responsibility.
- Keep up to date on all relevant legislation, design methods and applications relating to the field of expertise
- Carry out desk studies, investigations, monitoring and technical surveys to meet the Client’s requirements
- Assist in the preparation, letting and supervision of contracts on behalf of the client
- Perform insitu surveys and testing, collecting technical data for analysis
- To assimilate information, perform calculations and analyses and assist in providing interpretative reports, plans/drawings and advice to the respective client(s)
- Assist in the investigation, design and supervision of remedial treatments for geotechnical, contaminated land, asbestos containing materials and environment related problems, where appropriate
- Adhere to the Laboratory’s Quality System.
- Assist in the training of new and/or temporary members of staff and to train existing staff in tests, surveys and procedures which they are unfamiliar with
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of all equipment issued for sampling, testing and surveying
- To be responsible for the care and daily maintenance of Laboratory vehicles, when used
- Maintain confidentiality of information acquired in the course of undertaking duties for the business
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the grading of the post as required
- Degree level qualification in a relevant Science, Geoenvironmental or Land Surveying/Geophysical subject
- BOHS Proficiency Certificate in Building Surveys & Bulk Sampling for Asbestos (P402) (For asbestos related work only)
- Proven period of post-graduate experience working within a Geoenvironmental, Topographical or Geophysical surveying field
- Familiarisation with the Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations and all associated documentation (For asbestos related work only)
- Good report writing and communication skills
- Excellent IT Skills
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please apply today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.