Head of Fleet
Jobline Staffing are recruiting for a permanent Head of Fleet to work for CORSERV within their central services division.
As Head of Fleet you will be responsible for the delivery, management and review of the CORSERV Fleet, Haulage and Vehicle Maintenance Services.
- Supporting staff working across the group providing efficient and cost effective vehicle, plant and vehicle engineering services
- Business development
- Advise the Company Group in order to inform strategic and operational decision making on fleet expansion/reduction, vehicle, plant and equipment utilisation and safe systems of work
- To be the CORSERV Company Group’s lead Transport Manager and be ultimately responsible for Company Group compliance with its and all required“O” licence(s)
- Responsible for the management and undertaking of operational Risk Assessments
- Adhering to all required Health and Safety regulation
- Lead contact with the Traffic Commissioner, DVSA, HRMC and build and/or maintain good relations
- Ensure all vehicles, plant and items of equipment are compliant with the appropriate Construction and Use Regulations and maintenance regimes and are operated in accordance with user/driver requirements
- Determine vehicle and plant life cycles and disposal regimes, ensuring the optimum maintenance and disposal periods are cost effective
- Oversee a programme of inspections/audits to ensure the fleet is being operated and used in accordance with all appropriate licence requirements
- To oversee the effective administration of lease and pool car provision and other vehicles for the business ensuring that maintenance, vehicle conditions, insurance and MOTs and driving licences are valid and appropriate
- The duties of the role involve travel on a regular basis. It is a condition of employment that the role holder can exercise satisfactory travel mobility in order to fulfil the obligations of the role. For those journeys where an alternative form of transport is unavailable or impracticable the role holder will be required to provide a suitable vehicle
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Relevant first degree or equivalent experience
- Membership of a related professional body e.g. Society of Operational Engineers (IRTE section)
- Demonstrable knowledge of all areas of vehicle and plant engineering and technology based on an engineering background and appropriate training/qualifications
- CPC & Full UK Driving Licence
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of vehicle and plant contract management and servicing operations in a multi-purpose organisation
- Proven track record of managing multi-million pound Profit and Loss account including meeting profit targets and delivering cost reduction
- Extensive knowledge of all vehicle and plant related Health and Safety Legislation
- Excellent management and organisational skills including proven motivational, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrable experience of negotiating and dealing with trade unions
**Due to company policy we are unable to review candidates that have previously applied to this role**
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please apply to Jane today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.