Head of IT Security
Up to £35,000 per annum
Jobline Staffing are recruiting for a Head of IT Security on behalf of a leading clinical software providing organisation
As a Head of IT Security it will be your responsibility to direct strategy, operations and the budget for the protection of the enterprise information asset and managing the program there after.
The Head of IT Security will bring strong leadership and people management abilities. In their role, you must use strategic thinking to identify risks and trends as to stay ahead of threats to the environment they protect.
- Direct and approve the design of security systems;
- Ensure that disaster recovery and business continuity plans are in place and tested;
- Review and approve security policies, controls and cyber incident response planning;
- Review investigations after breaches or incidents, including impact analysis and recommendations for avoiding similar vulnerabilities;
- Maintain a current understanding the IT threat landscape for the industry;
- Ensure compliance with the changing laws and applicable regulations;
- Schedule periodic security audits;
- Oversee identity and access management;
- Manage all teams, employees, contractors and vendors involved in IT security, which may include hiring;
- Provide training and mentoring to security team members;
- Constantly update the cyber security strategy to leverage new technology and threat information;
- Brief the executive team on status and risks, including taking the role of champion for the overall strategy and necessary budget; and Communicate best practices and risks to all parts of the business, outside IT.
- University degree in Computer Science, IT Security or related field
- Proven working experience within IT and security
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Network security including TCP/IP, communication protocols and vulnerabilities
- Regulatory compliance knowledge, including PCI and GDPR
- Understanding of legislation concerning data acquisition, protection and transmission
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), COBIT, ISO and other applicable IT management methods and toolsets
- Familiarity with multiple software types at application and enterprise
- Mobile operating systems, applications and security protocols
- Protection systems against malware, hacking and other threats
- Secure practices in coding for standard languages, such as C, C++, Java and others
- Policies and procedures for secure computing
Further desirable skills:
- Cisco Certification in CCNA, CCNP and related Security fields
- Microsoft Windows Server and client environments
- SCO Openserver Unix / Unixware Configuration, administration & networking
- SUSE or similar Linux Configuration, administration & networking.
- Knowledge & understanding of virtualisation technologies. Including VMWare workstation
- HP & SAN technologies.
- Exchange Server & mail technologies.
- Advanced Networking techniques
- ITIL V4 Foundation or equivalent
- Microsoft 365 Environments
- GP Clinical System Environment and government infrastructure requirements.
- ISO 27001 – Information security management
- ISO 22301 – BDM and DR
- ISO 20001 – IT Service Management
- Clinical Safety
Other Company benefits:
- 28 Days annual leave (inc. Bank Holidays) increasing to 33, pro-rata.
- Pension scheme,
- Health Care Plans,
- Salary sacrifice bicycle schemes
- Regular Technical Meetings
- Working with the latest Technologies
- Plus many more.
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please contact Cameron Wallace or apply today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to Cameron.Wallace@joblinestaffing.co.uk.