Head of Legal Services
£401.61pd (PAYE) or £500.00pd (Umbrella)
Jobline Staffing are working in partnership with Cornwall council for the recruitment of a new Head of Legal Services to work on a temporary basis.
• Acting as the Council lead for the professional functions within their portfolio, You will provide leadership to staff and work with partners, colleagues and senior managers to ensure delivery of all aims and objectives, taking overall responsibility for Legal Services to both internal and external customers.
• Leading the Legal Service on a day to day basis and developing the strategic positioning of the Service so that it can be relied upon to provide efficient and effective legal advice for all areas of the Council and actively contributing to the delivery of the Council’s objectives.
• Promoting the legal service to external public sector clients and providing effective and valued legal services and support to external public sector clients
• Acting as Deputy Monitoring Officer to support the Monitoring Officer in carrying out his/her functions.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
• Evident ability to work across organisational and professional boundaries, to make a contribution to the establishment of the desired organisational culture and to challenge inappropriate behaviour
• A proven track record of successful change management, implementing and delivering new working policies and practices
• Track record of building effective teams and leading multi-disciplinary professional staff to achieve organisational aims and objectives
• A track record of successfully developing effective and productive partnerships both internally and externally that achieve organisational aims and objectives
• A successful track record of establishing and sustaining a performance management culture, supported by effective and efficient management information systems
• Proven experience of successful financial management
• Up to date knowledge of local government legislative framework and administrative law
• Practical experience of democratic decision making processes
• Degree level or equivalent qualification and relevant professional qualification and/or membership of a relevant professional body (Solicitor or Barrister or Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives) with significant post qualification experience, or equivalence through very significant legal experience
To discuss this role further please contact Naomi Denney at Jobline Staffing today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.