Bodmin & Redruth
Temporary Full Time
£9.21 per hour TBC DOE
Jobline Staffing is recruiting for a temporary Highways Operatives for CORMAC to work on Highways Maintenance Projects throughout Cornwall. The role will be temporary full time with the opportunity to go permanent for the right candidate.
Candidates will ideally have Highways Maintenance experience. Minimum requirement is a CSCS card. Applicants with construction industry, mechanical plant and/or agricultural experience will also be considered.
You will be required to work with Highways Maintenance, Patching and Surfacing gangs to carry out a variety of duties
- Maintaining road networks
- Various tasks depending on the time of year
- Spreading sand, asphalt, gravel and clay to build and maintain surfaces
- Cleaning and repairing drainage systems, bridges, tunnels and other structures
- Installing and repairing guardrails, road lighting
- Performing roadside landscaping including clearing weeds and trimming trees
- Painting traffic control lines
- Inspecting equipment and materials to identify resolve defects
- Operation of plant and equipment
- Paver Operative/Screwsman/Roller Operative (must hold relevant ticket)
- Health and Safety engagement
- Working on own initiative and part of a team
- Multi-tasking of duties
- Roles are physically demanding and require working outside in all weather conditions; therefore you must be prepared for this
*There maybe a requirement to work at nights, this is paid at time and a half as are hours over 40*
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must hold CSCS minimum
- Driving Licence essential
- HGV/LGV Desirable
- Previous experience of working in a similar role on highways projects would be advantageous
- Streetworks/NRSWA desirable
- CPCS for relevant plant operator desirable
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please apply to Jane today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.