Temporary, poss temp to perm
Jobline Staffing in partnership with Cornwall Housing are seeking an experience support worker to work with homeless families within one of their hostels. You will be working directly with the service user to ensure support is available to them.
Working within the ILS to achieve Cornwall Housings Excellent housing services objective and Cornwall Councils Adult Care Health and Wellbeing Homeless Families contract objectives by:
Working with Homeless families within Polruan Hostel to identify personalised support solutions that enable people to:
• Prevent tenancy breakdown and homelessness
• Identify and refer to specialist substance misuse agencies where appropriate
• Sustain mental wellbeing and refer to specialist agencies where appropriate
• Reduce crime and re-offending
• Prevent anti-social behaviour
• Increase social inclusion
• Reduce the need for community care services
• Reduce the need for hospital admission and re-admission
• Safeguard vulnerable people from abuse (including domestic violence)
• Minimise the time spent in B&B and other temporary accommodation
• Improve access to housing
• Facilitate access to employment, education and specialist parent and child groups
• Minimise rough sleeping
• Reduce debt and improve budgeting skills / money management
• Improve access to funding sources for essential items to set up home
• Working with other supporting agencies such as Children’s services to build long term support
networks that will help achieve service user outcomes sustain independence, reduce homelessness
and promote long term well-being.
• Ensure people are appropriately supported at the hostel
• Work to create action plans to achieve positive outcomes
• Increase service user support networks encouraging engagement with other services such as
Health Visitors and Family Services
• Work with the Children’s and Families team to promote activities at the hostel
This role will involve lone working with the service user.
A DBS is required for this role
if you wish to apply, please submit your CV in the first instance.
If you do not hear back within 7 days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.