Housing Development Officer
Jobline Staffing are working in partnership with Cornwall Council for the recruitment of a new Housing Development Officer to work on a Temporary basis at their office in Truro, Cornwall.
- Making sound recommendations and decisions related to housing delivery.
- To undertake work as necessary to prepare evidence and represent the Council in a professional manner.
- Formulating, monitoring and reviewing the strategy and policies for contributions to and the provision of community infrastructure.
- To advise, support and bring issues to the relevant managers’ attention.
- Advising colleagues and advising/guiding more junior members of staff
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with and between City/ Town and Parish Councils, other community and special interest groups.
- Develop commission and manage projects aimed at delivering new developments.
- Contribute to and/or lead project teams/partnership bodies comprising multiple internal and external partners where necessary to ensure sound recommendations, decisions and delivery.
- Undertaking, commissioning, analysing and disseminating.
- Provide quality planning, building control, housing, and engineering, construction, energy and design advice.
- Prepare, co-ordinate and deliver Spatial Plans.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrable basic knowledge and understanding of the legislation, technical, financial and key policy issues underpinning the relevant key areas of development management, delivery, planning policy, Research & Intelligence, housing, building regulations, construction and engineering at national, regional and local level and relevant best practice.
- Evidence and demonstrate a basic knowledge and understanding of working in a planning, building control/construction or housing environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to facilitate the delivery of developments and/or affordable housing of various kinds and mixes including those on both public and private land and redevelopments for housing and employment growth.
- A demonstrable record of assisting in the successful development of Local Development Frameworks.
- Report Writing Skills
- Qualifications at NVQ level 4 (HNC or other equivalent)
To discuss this role further please contact Naomi at Jobline Staffing today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essentia
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.