http://firstname.lastname@example.org 0 0 Job Poster http://email@example.com Job Poster2019-05-15 16:29:552019-05-15 16:29:55Independent Living Services Scheme Officer - P/T
Part time 24 hours – Tues, Weds and Thurs (days may be flexible)
Ongoing temporary, could lead to permanent
£9.47 per hour
Cornwall Housing are seeking an ILS Scheme Officer to provide a concierge service at one of there sheltered accommodation schemes in Launceston. You will be responsible for carrying out mandatory H&S checks and promoting security and independence within the building and to the tenants.
You will be the first point of contact to tenants, providing a regular presence and carrying out general scheme duties to ensure the safety and security of customers needing Lifeline or visits.
- Ensure the general security of the buildings communal facilities, including testing the alarm and communication system.
- Testing of individual alarm equipment, reporting repairs
- Be responsible for the implementation of the H&S procedure on the scheme including carrying out all required health and safety checks
- Check utility readings are correct for the scheme communal areas
- Ensure the appropriate disposal of refuse and promote re-cycling
- Tidy the bin store area after bin collection to maintain health and safety
- Check furniture and fittings in communal areas are fit for use
- Organise the preparation of the guest room and booking of the guest room and collecting the appropriate charges.
- Request repairs to communal areas
- Maintain accurate records for the Monitoring Control Centre and our own records
- Report servicing need of equipment such as fire alarm, door entry and laundry equipment.
- Collect laundry and guest room money
- Manage the provision of fobs and payment
- Assist with viewings and sign-ups
Lifeline and Visiting Support
- Keep central housing database up to date
- Provide to support to customers of Cornwall Housing both living in the scheme and in the wider community
- Work alongside other agencies and support networks where appropriate to support the individual
- Complete an annual Home Fire Safety Check for each customer on an annual basis
- Carry out Lifeline installations and give instruction and advice on its use
- Where appropriate regularly check Lifeline equipment
- maintain accurate records of contact
- Report any identified risks or concerns to your Line Manager or Safeguarding Advocate in relation to potential Safeguarding issues
- Manage own programme of appointments and travel making adjustments to take account of urgent requests that may arise from time to time.When appropriate arrange joint visits with colleagues and other agencies.
- Attend relevant meetings and training as required
- Participation/contribution to Cornwall Housing policies and procedures paying particular attention to responsibilities for the following:
- Lone Worker,
- Equality and Diversity,
- Code of Conduct and Boundaries
- Data protection
- Health and Safety
Knowledge and experience:
- Understanding of social housing
- Excellent communication with good interpersonal skills and the ability to act with tact and diplomacy – proven record of calm and measured responses and able to manage in a crisis
- A proven ability to self motivate and work well alone, with customers and as part of a team
- Understanding of the issues facing older people
- Own transport is essential
A DBS will be carried out.
Please submit your CV in the first instance. If you do not hear back within 7 days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.