Desktop Support Technician
£12.08 per hour
The IT Service Desk is the central point of contact for all IT related incidents and service requests. The role of the Desktop Support Technician is to provide second line support for all users over a large spread out the site.
The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for resolving support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. IT Support staff work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services over the phone, through e-mail, phone, in person (for walk-in customers) and self-service.
- To diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows and Mac) and across a range of software applications.
- To assist all our users with any logged IT related incident when called upon.
- To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible; escalating incidents to other support teams where necessary.
- To accurately record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system.
- To install and configure new IT equipment.
- To maintain a first-class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organisation.
- Undertaking other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary without altering the nature or level of responsibility
This is initially a temporary position, with the expectation that the candidate will be able to apply for permanent positions in the near future should they wish.
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please contact Cameron Wallace or apply today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to Cameron.Wallace@joblinestaffing.co.uk.