Junior Software Engineer
Salary range £18,000 – £23,000 per annum dependant on experience.
Jobline Staffing are recruiting for a permanent Junior Software Engineer for a start-up organisation undergoing a large scale amount of growth.
As a Junior Software Engineer you will have proven knowledge of, and experience in, commercial software development. You will be part of the growing tech team at our client, helping maintain and develop their web and mobile tools.
The right candidate should be highly motivated, passionate about software, ready to learn and take on new challenges and be able to work independently and within a team.
• Develop and maintain features on the web portal, using React.js
• Develop and maintain features for APIs, using ASP.NET Core 2.1, Python 3.6 and AWS
• Develop and maintain features for the mobile app using Xamarin.Forms
• Thoroughly test all features using jest/mocha, Xunit, NUnit
• Version code using Git
• Operate in an agile (KANBAN) development
• Use task management software e.g. Trello
• Perform daily stand-ups and code reviews
• Computer science qualification honours degree level or equivalent experience
• Familiarity with modern programming languages
• Familiarity with object-oriented software design and development
• Knowledge of TDD or similar testing strategies
• Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
• Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and AWS a bonus
• Linux system experience and knowledge a bonus
• Experience with document based databases (e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB, Couchbase) a bonus
• Competitive rate commensurate with experience
• An opportunity to work on a new product with a young company
• Weekly fruit box in office
• An opportunity to enjoy the fresh Cornish air, sea and countryside
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please get in touch with Cameron Wallace or apply today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.