http://firstname.lastname@example.org 0 0 Job Poster http://email@example.com Job Poster2019-07-08 15:03:562019-07-08 15:04:07Lab Technician - Graduate
Ongoing Temporary (possible Temp to Perm)
Jobline Staffing in partnership with Cormac are seeking Lab Assistants to assist Engineers and Technicians by conducting soil, aggregate and concrete testing.
- To adhere to the Laboratory’s quality system.
- To carry out routine sampling and testing of construction materials in accordance with the relevant standards and specifications.
- To accept, book-in, control and dispose of samples received by the Laboratory.
- To carry out calculation of test results and to produce test reports for clients, using computer based software packages.
- To check calculations and test results produced by colleagues.
- To be responsible for the care and maintenance of all equipment issued for sampling and testing.
- To be responsible for the care and daily maintenance of Laboratory
- vehicles, when used.
- To clean and check Laboratory work and storage areas in order to maintain a conducive environment for testing.
- To liaise with sites/supervisors for sampling and on-site testing purposes.
- To assist in the training of new and/or temporary members of staff and to
- train existing staff in tests and procedures which they are unfamiliar with.
- To be aware of and adhere to applicable rules, regulations, legislation and procedures.
- To maintain confidentiality of information acquired in the course of undertaking duties for the Company.
- To be responsible for your own continuing self-development, undertaking training as required.
- Minimum 4 GCSEs at Grade C or above (or equivalent) including Maths, English and one other Science
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Excellent technical and analytical skills
- A valid UK driving licence is essential as the role requires countywide travelling
- An interest in earth sciences is an advantage
Please note that this is a physically demanding role at times therefore candidates should possess resilience with regard to adverse weather conditions and manual handling.
Please submit your CV in the first instance.
If you do not hear back within 7 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.