Temporary Full Time
£9.01 per hour TBC DOE
Jobline Staffing is recruiting for a number of temporary Landscaping Operatives to work for CORMAC within their Landscaping division. These roles will be temporary full time in the first instance there maybe permanent opportunities for the right candidate.
There are a number of positions to fill which will be working out of various locations in Mid/East Cornwall.
We are looking for experienced people with some of the below in date qualifications and experience working on a range of green infrastructure projects and countryside rights of way work. We are also happy to consider any arborists with the requisite certificates and competence
NPTC / City & Guilds
- Brush cutting operations
- Cs30 Prepare and maintain the chainsaw
- Cs31 Fell and process small trees
- Cs32 Fell and process trees greater than 380mm
- Cs34 Sever individually uprooted trees
- Cs38 Climb trees and perform aerial rescue
- Cs39 Use of a chainsaw from a rope and harness
- Cs40 Carry out pruning operations
- Cs41 Undertake sectional felling operations
- Cs47 Safe use of a chainsaw from a mobile elevated work platform
- Cs48 Use of powered pole pruners
- Hedge trimmers
- Manually fed wood chipper operations
- Mobile elevated work platform
- Stump grinders
- PA1 & PA6a Pesticides
Working within a team carrying out hard landscaping/grounds maintenance to high standards, the successful candidates will ideally have experience in horticulture, landscape construction and landscape/grounds maintenance.
- Duties include ground clearance, land forming, turfing, planting, fencing and general horticultural maintenance
- Clearing vegetation
- Strimming, mowing, brushcutting and spraying (relevant tickets required to operative machinery)
- Report any site security or equipment issues/concerns to line manager
- Safe operation of machinery, wearing the necessary PPE at all times
- Working outside in all weather conditions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Soft/hard landscaping
- Excellent plant handling / horticulture knowledge
- Fencing – agricultural and security
- Working in remote locations
- Clean driving licence
- In date certificates of competence essential
- Ability to work well with others in a broad range of physically demanding tasks
- ROLO / CSCS desirable
- LGV / Pre ’97 licence desirable
**Note hourly rate will be dependent on experience and tickets held**
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please apply to Jane today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.