Temporary Full Time
£26,247 per annum
Jobline Staffing are recruiting for a LGV Technician to work for CORMAC within their Vehicle workshop based in Scorrier.
The maintenance and repair of the customers and CORMAC’s fleet of vehicles, plant and associated specialist machinery. To undertake diagnostics and fault finding, servicing, statutory calibrations, maintenance and repair work on vehicles and their associated specialised body equipment and fitments.
Working within the Fleet Engineering Workshop, on site, at depots or customer locations the post holder will provide a skilled technical service and customer liaison across a range of vehicles and machinery.
Permanent Opportunities for the right person.
- Undertake a comprehensive range of diagnostics and fault finding, servicing, statutory calibrations, maintenance and repair work on vehicle and plant items
- Carry out specialist repairs to vehicles (depending upon skills base)
- g. specialist diagnostics.
- Responsible for and ensure that all vehicles and equipment worked upon are roadworthy (legal), task-worthy, fit for use and in a safe condition when leaving the post holders control
- Ensure that all required documentation is completed in accordance with specified internal, customer and statutory policies and procedures
- Liaise with customers both internal and external to explain maintenance and repair work and workloads, and to prioritise to meet ever changing targets in line with customer needs
- Prepare draft estimates and quotes for work as and when required
- To advise with modifications and designs to vehicle and/or plant applications in line with CORMAC and/or regulatory requirements for customers both internal and external
- Share and pass on technical specialist information and knowledge to peers and apprentices in relevant disciplines
- Consult direct with specialists and suppliers reference effecting satisfactory diagnostics and repairs on vehicles or their associated body fitments
- Carry out service, maintenance and repair work on customers’ premises and on site (incl. construction and landfill sites).
- Carry out ‘O’ Licence inspections on LGV vehicles and prepare them for Ministry tests
- Carry out MOT tests on behalf of the CORMAC MOT test station
- To participate in an ‘Out of Hours’ standby response rota if and when required to do so
- To be responsible for and ensure that equipment used within the Workshop is calibrated and maintained in a safe condition
- Good standard of general education (e.g. GCSE A+ to C level) including English and Maths and City & Guilds (level 3 or greater) or NVQ 3 equivalent in a relevant discipline i.e. Light Motor Vehicle technology, LGV/PSV Motor Vehicle technology, Plant Training within construction plant or similar technology
- Previous experience as skilled mechanic or working in a vehicle workshop or in an equivalent trade environment
- Proactive approach to change and strong commitment to continuous improvement
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please apply today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.