£12.81 per hour (PAYE) or £15.87 (Umbrella)
Jobline Staffing are working in partnership with Cornwall Council for the recruitment of a new Management Accountant to work on a Temporary basis at their office in Truro, Cornwall.
- Contribute to the delivery for client services of financial reports such that the financial management needs both revenue and capital of the services are met.
- To work with client services to identify, quantify and report/escalate significant financial problems or weaknesses through to Service Accountants.
- To provide support and/or attend strategic meetings with Business Reporting Manager and client departments.
- To work with Finance colleagues to ensure that data (actual and budget, revenue and capital, and projected) within the Council’s electronic financial management system (Oracle ERP) is secure and accurate in relation to their client services.
- To provide support to ensure that all major projects, capital schemes and/or business opportunities in their client services are consistent with corporate and/or service objectives and priorities and are appropriately appraised, financially robust and legal.
- To contribute to the delivery of financial training to ensure key stakeholders. This would include supporting in the delivery of training to non-finance managers.
- Attending Senior leadership and management team meetings to give advice as required on financial management.
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the grading of the post as required
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrates good understanding of high level and detailed medium term financial forecasting and budgeting processes
- Ability to provide and enable financial advice in relation to financial standards, options appraisal, and financial modelling.
- Experience of providing budget management advice and the ability to reflect within this the drivers and pressures of Services supported.
- Senior AAT or Part CCAB Qualified with significant experience in similar role
To discuss this role further please contact Jake or Naomi at Jobline Staffing today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.