Multi Skilled Operative (Fabric)
Temporary Full Time
£12-£14 per hour TBC DOE
Jobline Staffing is recruiting for temporary Multi Skilled Operative to work for CORMAC within their Fabric division. The roles will be ongoing temporary initially with the opportunity to go permanent for the right candidate.
To undertake planned and reactive maintenance and construction activities, involving specialist skills in plumbing, carpentry, brickwork, plastering and other building related activity in support of Cormac Hard FM contracts.
- Responsible for visiting sites across Cornwall building relationships with clients with regards to all Fabric works
- To undertake specialist operations associated with one or more of the following functions; plumbing, carpentry or masonry
- You will be responsible for carrying out a wide range of routine building, maintenance and repair jobs
- To undertake both responsive and planned maintenance tasks
- Carpentry fault-finding and fault rectification
- Carpentry installations including associated works (kitchen, doors etc)
- Management of van stock
- To be able to work on own initiative in a number of activities involved in maintenance and construction
- Identifying the requirements for plant and materials in order to complete tasks
- To execute workmanship to a high standard and ensure it is carried out in strict compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act, and any other relevant legislation covering safety in the workplace for self and others
**This role requires a high level of craft skill and the ability to work unsupervised. Attend site, assess requirements, undertake first visit repairs where possible and prepare quotations for further work as required. To be responsible for the supervision of labourers and sub-contractors (where applicable)**
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Specialist experience or qualification in plumbing, carpentry or masonry achieved by qualification or industry experience
- NVQ3 or equivalent experience in plumbing, carpentry or masonry related discipline.
- Experience in reactive and pre planned maintenance works
- Proven experience of working in a related specialist maintenance or Construction activity
- Driving Licence
- CSCS Registration in a related area
This role will be subject to a DBS clearance for the successful candidate.
Work will be throughout Cornwall, a van will be provided for work purposes only. You will also be provided with, IPad, Mobile phone and uniform.
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please apply to Jane today. If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.