Network Support Engineer
£205.11pd (PAYE) or £250.00pd (Umbrella)
Jobline Staffing are working in partnership with Cornwall Council for the recruitment of a new Network Support Engineer responsible for 2nd line support and maintenance of Cornwall Councils converged network infrastructure components and associated technologies.
- The role will be primarily focussed around the support of the core Data LAN/WAN/WLAN and VoIP infrastructures, but will also include the support of a variety of associated technologies.
- Responsibility will range across all aspects of network infrastructure technology lifecycle management but specifically configuration, implementation, maintenance, 2nd line fault diagnosis and resolution, improvement, monitoring and reporting.
- The progression of incidents and problems in line with targets and commitments held within the Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Production and reporting of technical performance information appropriate to the area in which the role operates
- Availability Management across infrastructure and solutions appropriate to the area in which the role operates
- Creation and implementation of procedures relating to the deployment and use of Information Service solutions
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- The ability to be able to diagnose network faults is essential.
- The organisation currently runs a Cisco Core and HPE/Aruba Distribution/Edge switch environment. Extensive experience of supporting a medium to large network is essential.
- Experience of troubleshooting network issues
- Sound knowledge of Checkpoint and Juniper firewalls and configuring site to site VPN’s.
- Certification in and/or relevant and recent in-depth experience of HPE/Aruba or Cisco networks is desirable.
- Performing troubleshooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of network.
- A good understanding of the following technologies:- VoIP, Traffic Managers, Proxy Web filtering.
- Experience of managing, analysing and resolving SLA service management events in line with our SLA obligations using ITIL methodology.
- Inspect LAN infrastructure and fix minor or major problems/bugs.
- Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills in order to undertake data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments using information from multiple sources.
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies.
To discuss this role further please contact Naomi Denney at Jobline Staffing today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.