Dartmoor National Park
Jobline Staffing are now recruiting for a Planning Officer to work in the beautifully scenic Dartmoor Park.
- Advising applicants, agents, members of the public, Authority Members and Parish/Town Councils on all planning related matters.
- Adopting a customer focused approach to the Development Management
- To provide planning advice.
- Examination and consideration of a range of applications initially with the integrated development management team in accordance with statutory deadlines.
- The monitoring of developments throughout the National Park as part of an integrated team based approach.
- Maintaining accurate and reliable records in relation to casework and preliminary enquiries including computer and photographic records.
- The investigation of complaints of alleged unauthorised developments ensuring that all are investigated promptly and brought to a conclusion within the terms of the Enforcement Code of Practice.
- To ensure that developments are monitored and, where necessary, preparing and presenting reports and recommendations in respect of enforcement action.
- The carrying out of site inspections, meetings and negotiations with interested parties other members of the integrated development management team.
- Ensure accurate and timely information is entered into the PACS system to enable performance reports to be produced.
Required skills and experience:
- Presentation of planning reports to the Development Management Committee and at member site inspections.
- Liaising with Authority’s Legal representatives in the preparation of legal agreements.
- Preparing or assisting with the preparation of appeal statements and proofs of evidence, within set deadlines and representing the Authority as lead planning officer at hearings and public inquiries.
- Contributing to other work of the Planning Team including dealing with other planning and related applications and wider National Park Authority work including the review of policies and procedures as determined by the Head of Development Management.
To discuss this role further please contact Jobline Staffing today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.