Project Manager (Civil Engineering)
£36,363-£41,189 per annum
Jobline Staffing are recruiting for a permanent Project Manager to work for CORMAC within their Contracting Division.
Responsible and accountable for the operational delivery of civil engineering and transportation projects. To deliver projects to planned timescales, within budget and to a performance level that satisfies or exceeds commercial expectation. Working with the Contracts Manager, Commercial Director and partners to manage and deliver engineering solutions to improve the quality of construction and the transport infrastructure both in Cornwall and within the region.
- Work with the Contracts Manager and Commercial Manager in the preparation of competitive tenders and to assess construction programmes in order to win contract work for CORMAC in competition with external organisations
- Determine the appropriate levels of labour, materials and plant required to undertake each contract in the most efficient and economic manner and meet agreed profit targets and to liaise with the Maintenance Managers to obtain and programme the appropriate labour for individual projects
- Liaise with the appropriate client and principal contractor to determine agreed timescales and provide programmes of work in accordance with the contract
- Ensure that site agents only employ suitably trained, competent and certificated Road workers and Subcontractors
- To ensure that work is constructed in full accordance with current regulation, with the client requirements and meeting principal contracts specifications
- Attend formal progress meetings with the client and principal contractor to resolve outstanding matters during construction
- Ensure all work is undertaken in accordance with current standards of practice and to an acceptable standard of quality and health and safety requirements
- Deputise for the Contracts Manager when required
- Adhere to relevant Health and Safety legislation and take an active role in developing and improving standards
- Manage the valuations/certification processes carried out by Site Agent for the work and to liaise with the client and principal contractor on the processing of claims
- Ensure that valuations and where appropriate compensation events are carried out in accordance with the contracts and that monthly payments are secured
- To ensure that work carried out under the Term Maintenance Contract is measured weekly and claims are submitted
- Liaise with the Commercial Manager on securing competitive sub contract and material prices in accordance with the CORMACs Standing Orders
- Provide feedback to the estimating team to improve future estimating performance
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the grading of the posts required
- Successful and consistent achievement in major project delivery at a senior level in an engineering/construction related area and a track record of successfully working with external bodies to achieve project specific aims and objectives
- Relevant transport related professional qualification and/or membership of a relevant engineering/transport professional body
- Proven experience of developing partnership working, building effective relationships and enhancing the reputation of the business with stakeholders and partners
- Sound understanding of procurement processes, ECI, contracts, Health and Safety and risk management on major projects
- Experience of building relationships with contractors and clients
- A successful track record of establishing and sustaining a performance management culture, supported by effective and efficient management information systems
- Good understanding of financial management plus proven knowledge and experience of health and safety requirements, risk management and principles of project management
- Significant track record of success in building effective teams and leading professional staff (in several disciplines) to achieve project delivery
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please apply today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.