Fixed Term Contract until end June 2020
To enable the SStS to act as a single point of contact for all referrals for rough sleepers (via the Single Referral Form), capturing all vacancies and accommodation options for appropriate referral onward. This will include design, development, consultation and implementation of a revised rough sleeper pathway ensuring all rough sleepers have somewhere safe to stay.
The SStS assessment hub will operate as a mobile hub, recognising the geographical extent of Cornwall. Three locations have been identified although are subject to change: The Dracaena Centre, Falmouth; Breadline in Penzance (via St Petroc’s) and Truro Resource Centre (via St Petroc’s), Other potential sites are located in Newquay and Bodmin. Main office base will be in Dolcoath, Camborne with travel paid to and from the Hub sites.
The Hub will rotate on a pre-agreed cycle (4-6 weeks) around the agreed venues with the staff team moving also. This may be flexed when needed in response to heightened need in a particular area of the county. All rough sleepers will be able to access the Hub in any location. Hubs will offer a sit up space for an average 72 hour period and will be offered to anyone who is identified and referred as being at imminent risk (within 24 hours of) or already rough sleeping. The Hub will be able to accept individuals assessed as Non-Priority Need who have nowhere to stay tonight, as well as rough sleeping referrals.
Each Hub will have concierge-style staffing overnight and specialist trained staff during the day who will undertake Homeless Reduction Act compliant assessments, advice on housing options, refer to and secure move-on accommodation and signpost/refer to other services, for example, health, care and support.
- To recruit and chair recruitment panels for Assessment and Support Officers.
- To develop a high performing, well training, well resourced and well supported team.
- To implement a workable staff rota to ensure provision of a 24 hour, 7 day a week service within the assessment hub
- To provide regular supervision to all assessment hub staff
- To be responsible in the first instance for all performance, grievance and disciplinary matters concerns for assessment hub staff, to include training needs identification and sourcing of training to meet the needs of the service and team.
- To keep accurate records of attendance for staff, managing annual leave and sickness, ensuring staff cover in the assessment hub at all times.
- To hold regular team briefings and meetings, ensuring full minutes are taken and recorded.
Project Management including finance
- Provide a safe, secure and effective environment for assessment hub work.
- Ensure all required policies and procedures are in place for the effective running of the assessment hub
- Manage and monitor the assessment hubs budget for income and expenditure to ensure it stays within set targets.
- To monitor us of petty cash and card spend
- To authorise expenditure and raise purchase orders as required
- To oversee day to day operation and delivery of the assessment hub including the move from location to location within agreed timescales.
- To maintain clear, accurate records of all work carried out and outcomes achieved within the assessment hub.
- To set up the assessment hubs putting in place Service Level Agreements with partners across agreed sites; agreeing dates for rotation of the hub, and ensuring all health and safety requirements are met with risk assessments completed and signed off.
- To promote the assessment hub service to relevant partners agencies.
- To review referrals and ensure those accessing the service meet the criteria for the assessment hub.
- To develop and maintain a high quality personalised case management system which fully involves the client, is trauma informed and strengths based.
- To ensure that new assessment hub users are properly assessed and their details and any service offer is entered clearly onto relevant databases.
- To ensure full involvement of partner agencies involved in the delivery of the assessment hub, including notification of service availability.
- To ensure assessment hub staff work firmly and persuasively with individuals to explain the role of the service and the benefits of engagement.
- To support and facilitate reconnection where appropriate and safe to do so.
- To ensure monitoring and evaluation regularly takes place and that statistics are kept up to date.
- Contribute and at times lead on the formation and review of local and organisational wide policies and procedures.
- Ensure effective health and building management procedures are in place and followed by all staff within the assessment hub at each of the locations.
- Ensure safeguarding of clients and provision of a safe, warm, welcoming environment at all assessment hub sites.
Key Skills Required:
- Experience of working with vulnerable people or of using services
- Knowledge and understanding of the housing needs of rough sleepers
- The ability to lead, manage, supervise and motivate a staff team working over a 7 day per week rota in a challenging work environment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.