Senior Network Technician – Security
£ 287.16 (PAYE) OR £ 350.00 (Umbrella) Per Day
Jobline Staffing are working in partnership with Cornwall Council for the recruitment of a new Senior Server Technician.
- Providing 3rd line support and maintenance of a large Enterprise Voice and Data LAN / WAN (Cisco / HP) with focus specifically on Network Perimeter configuration primarily utilising Checkpoint and Juniper security products
- To work as part of the Network, Hardware and Facilities team alongside highly experienced engineers across the network, voice, security, server and Data Centre technology areas.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Demonstrable, applied knowledge of configuration and support of Checkpoint and Juniper firewalls and configuring site to site VPN’s in a large complex environment is essential.
- Certification in and/or relevant and recent in-depth experience of Checkpoint, Juniper, Cisco & HPE/Aruba technologies.
- The ability to be able to diagnose network faults is essential.
- Extensive experience of supporting medium to large routed networks.
- Performing troubleshooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks
- Experience with VoIP, Traffic Managers, Proxy Web filtering.
- Inspect LAN infrastructure and fix minor or major problems/bugs.
- Upgrade data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases.
To discuss this role further please contact Jake Phillips at Jobline Staffing today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.