Senior Project Manager (Civil Engineering)
£40,854-£51,670 per annum
Jobline Staffing are recruiting for a permanent Senior Project Manager to work for CORMAC within their Contracting Division.
Responsible and accountable for the operational delivery of strategic civil engineering and transportation projects. To deliver projects to planned timescales, within budget and to a performance level that satisfies or exceeds commercial expectation. To oversee a range of works and manage individual major operational construction works.
- Work with the Contracts Manager, Commercial Director, Executive Directors and the Managing Director to develop, construct and deliver integrated services, business objectives and priorities for the benefit of the business and Cornwall at large.
- To work with partners to maintain, manage and deliver engineering solutions to improve the quality of construction and the transport infrastructure both in Cornwall and within the region in support of the competitiveness of the local economy and to improve the quality of life for residents and visitors
- Project coordination and project management with detailed involvement with client consultants giving direction and programme management
- Manage and coordinate Early Contractor Involvement and key date management for a multitude of consultants and scheme partners including external and internal business units, Highways Engineering Services Laboratory, County Legal, County PFI team, internal audit, corporate procurement, CC Asset management team, Public Rights of Way among others
- Assist the Contracts Manager and Commercial Director in the preparation of competitive tenders and to assess construction programmes in order to win contract work for CORMAC in competition with external organisations
- Responsible for the operational management of contracts to European Regulations including associated procurement issues and complying with policy or justification of deviation where appropriate
- Report to the Contract Manager and Commercial Director on all matters relating to the financial management of projects including tender review, financial outturn and audit review, and to provide feedback and advice to Senior Managers and the estimating team on contractual risks and issues
- Play a key part in preparing tenders for submission
- Deputise for the Contracts Manager when
- To Manage, Chair and attend formal progress meetings with clients, steering groups, project boards and other stakeholders to resolve outstanding matters during construction and to liaise with clients on the resolution of compensation events
- Represent the CORMAC Solutions Limited Contracting Division at National, Regional and Corporate level and manage representation in terms of public interface and other stakeholders
- Control & manage the appropriate levels of labour, materials and plant required to undertake individual projects effectively
- Ensure that risk management is embedded within all processes including working with the client in evaluating monitoring and controlling the risk
- To ensure compliance with relevant Health and Safety legislation and take an active role in developing and improving standards
- Ensure that site teams only employ suitably trained, competent and certificated Roadworkers and Subcontractors
- Produce independent financial reports, project cash flow forecasts, accounts, over-payments and analysis of project financial status for CORMAC projects including recommendations where action is deemed necessary
- Manage and coordinate the procurement and delivery of Sub Contracts
- To instruct site management in cost/value reconciliation and financial reporting and identify and pursue contractual entitlements
- Provide advice, guidance and reports on the value of contract variations, project cost control and financial management including the development of financial risk registers
- Train and develop staff in contractual matters and to ensure that teams work in accordance with contractual requirements
- Successful and consistent achievement in major project delivery at a senior level in an engineering/construction related area and a track record of successfully working with external bodies to achieve project specific aims and objectives
- Relevant transport related professional qualification and/or membership of a relevant engineering/transport professional body
- Significant experience of developing partnership working, building effective relationships and enhancing the reputation of the business with stakeholders and partners
- Detailed knowledge of procurement processes, ECI, contracts, Health and Safety and risk management on major projects
- Experience of giving advice to Board members and building relationships with contractors and clients
- A successful track record of establishing and sustaining a performance management culture, supported by effective and efficient management information systems
- Proven experience of financial management, health and safety requirements, risk management and principles of project management
- Significant track record of success in building effective teams and leading professional staff (in several disciplines) to achieve project delivery
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please apply today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.