Senior Server Technician
£ 205.11 (PAYE) OR £ 250.00 (Umbrella) Per Day
Jobline Staffing are working in partnership with Cornwall Council for the recruitment of a new Senior Server Technician.
- Responsible for the support, maintenance and design of infrastructure components and associated technologies within a Data Centre Environment.
- This role will primarily be focused around a project to migrate physical and virtual Windows 2008 servers to later variants (Windows 2012 / 2016). The role may also involve some general operational activities supporting the SLA.
- Being a member of the Network, Hardware and Facilities team. The role will be working alongside highly experienced engineers across the Data Centre and Server technology areas as well as Network, Voice, & Network Security.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Demonstrable experience designing, supporting, configuring and implementing Windows Server (2008, 2012, 2016) operating systems in an Enterprise environment.
- Relevant and recognised Industry Certification for area of specialism i.e. MCSE, MCSA
- Evidence of significant involvement (preferably leading) in large scale Microsoft Server upgrade / migration projects that host a diverse range of business applications.
- Demonstrable knowledge supporting virtual server environments including p2V migrations. (utilising VMWARE vSphere environment).
- Demonstrable knowledge of related Microsoft technologies – eg Active Directory, SCOM / SCCM / WSUS etc
- Experience of Cloud migration and Hybrid Cloud environments desirable.
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
To discuss this role further please contact Jake Phillips at Jobline Staffing today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.