Senior Site Agent (Civil Engineering)
£31,913-£41,189 per annum
Jobline Staffing are recruiting for a permanent Senior Site Agent to work for CORMAC within their Contracting Division.
Working with Project Managers, Senior project Manager, Contracting division staff, officers from across the CORMAC business, contractors, customers and clients the role holder will supervise CORMAC’s Contracting Division operations across a group or range of construction sites.
- The management and coordination of a range of projects/schemes ensuring that works progress efficiently
- Resolve works programming issues in accordance with the Contract constraints
- In the course of daily working to use every opportunity to promote the works and services of the business
- Support and represent the Project Manager when required
- Organise the available resource of labour, materials and plant to ensure that the work is undertaken in the most efficient and economic manner to meet agreed profit targets
- Undertake or coordinate setting out activities on site
- To ensure the assigned works and schemes progress in line with the agreed programme
- Liaise with the Client’s representative to resolve unforeseen problems encountered on site
- Represent the business at meetings as required
- Undertake all work in accordance with current standards of practise, to the expected standard of quality and to oversee Sub Agent standard compliance responsibilities
- Adhere to relevant Health & Safety legislation and prepare and oversee Construction Phase Health & Safety Plans
- Lead assigned project/projects in all aspects of Health and Safety application, management and monitoring
- To ensure that in liaison with the Commercial team valuations and where appropriate compensation events are carried out in accordance with the contract
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of interim valuations
- Assist the Commercial team on securing competitive sub contract and material prices in accordance with the CORMAC’s Standing Orders
- Ensure that all assigned projects and schemes are appropriately measured as required and claims are submitted
- Assist in the completion of final accounts for the work and in the processing of claims
- Provide feedback to the Contracts Manager, Senior Project Manager, Project Manager and Quantity Surveyor with actual outputs achieved on site
- Provide guidance and training to staff ensuring that all required compliance training is in place and up to date
- Comply with and utilise the performance management system and to contribute to improvement in working procedures
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the grading of the posts required
- HNC in Civil Engineering or Construction plus significant experience highway maintenance and construction
- Achieved or eligible for Incorporated Engineer status
- Significant experience in supervising works across a number of operational sites
- An understanding of ECI, contracts, Health and Safety and risk management
- Experience of building relationships with contractors and clients
- Proven organisational, planning, communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work unsupervised using own initiative
- Site Managers CSCS (Platinum or Black) card
- Sound knowledge of relevant Health and Safety legislation
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please apply today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.