Senior Technician (Engineering Design)
£27,422 – £36,312 per annum
Jobline Staffing are recruiting for a permanent Senior Technician to work for CORMAC within their Engineering Design team.
The principal element of this role is to undertake the design of Highway Engineering
Projects throughout Cornwall and the UK for the Engineering Design Group (EDG).
This involves working with Cormac colleagues within EDG, their Partners and the
Construction Teams as well as Cornwall Council staff.
In addition to undertaking design functions the technician will need to liaise with Elected Members, Town and Parish Councils, Police, External Clients, General Public and User Groups.
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Site Investigation, Inspection and Technical Surveys
- Scheme Assessment and Appraisal
- Technical Analysis and Design
- Drawing Production using CAD / BIM to EDG standards
- Preparation and Checking of Technical Reports/ Documents / Presentations /
- Monitoring of Task / Project Budgets and Expenditure
- Work with senior officers in the co-ordination of a range of projects ensuring efficient progress
- Undertake all work in accordance with appropriate technical standards and regulatory compliance
- Adhere to relevant Health & Safety Legislation and ensure compliance with current CDM Regulation
- Represent the business at meetings as required
- Provide training / coaching to junior technicians
- To maintain confidentiality of information acquired in the course of undertaking duties for the business
- To give toolbox talks to disseminate information following training
- HNC in Civil Engineering or other appropriate subject or significant experience in Highway/Transportation Infrastructure Design and/or Appraisal.
- Membership of professional body at appropriate grade or eligibility to achieve appropriate grade
- Significant experience of supervising design and appraisal projects/tasks
- Experience in a transportation, construction or design environment
- Evidenced of ability and experience of design development and use of design software
- Demonstrable analytical skills
- Knowledge of responsibilities in connection with current CDM Regulations
- Knowledge of current Health and Safety legislation
- An understanding of procurement processes, and risk management for projects
- Experience of building relationships with clients.
- Proven organisational, planning, communication and presentation skills
- Displays good interpersonal skills, empathy and patience when dealing with customers
- Detailed knowledge of tools and techniques for dealing with challenging behaviours
- Ability to support and develop small project teams providing sound professional advice, guidance and direction
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please apply today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.