£20,000 – £45,000 per annum
The client are a tight-knit team of experts and they’re looking for talented Software Developers to fill a number of vacancies ranging from Junior Developer to Senior Developer.
On a day-to-day basis, the role includes (subject to your abilities and experience):
- Helping estimate work
- Taking ownership of the delivery of a task, a feature, or a project
- Using what you know to help the team make the right technical choices
- Working as part of a high-performing team who take pride in delivering great work to clients
- Demonstrating what you have built to other team members and clients
- Actively working to understand testing implications
- Actively participating in Agile ceremonies including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and sprint retrospectives
- Taking ownership of your personal development, actively trying to become a better Software Developer.
For more senior roles, the role also includes:
- Understanding requirements and support solution architecture, using your knowledge to help the team make the right choices
- Mentoring junior team members, taking responsibility for their development
- Taking ownership of the tech stack and toolset, helping them be a better tech organisation
- Taking the lead in technical planning sessions and supporting client workshops where required
- Taking the lead in developing and improving your team’s culture and mindset and contributing to the overall development of the company’s culture and mindset.
The perfect candidate
They are looking to recruit people who are interested in improving themselves and the team they work in. Formal academic qualifications are not essential for this role – if you have the right mindset and solid coding skills this could be the role for you.
This means you:
- Have a strong preference for simple, clean code that does exactly what it should
- Are open-minded, always happy to learn about a new framework, technology, or approach
- Aren’t a lone wolf coder, but one who really enjoys being part of a team of like-minded experts and learning from them
- Understand that a task is only done after it’s passed testing and has been deployed for the client to use
- Appreciate the value of reusable components and off-the-shelf packages and frameworks to help get a project off the ground
- Want to make a difference to your own personal development, to our clients and to our business.
To qualify for a more senior role, you will also:
- Want to and be able to make the team better by mentoring less experienced colleagues
- Be able to communicate really well with technical and non-technical audiences including client stakeholders
- Have experience building complex web platforms using C# or similar languages
- Have experience of working on multiple projects, sometimes having to switch between them to cope with business needs
- Be familiar with a wide variety of web and cloud technology stacks
Salary depends on your skill level and experience but is generally in the range of £20k-45k.
They can also cover relocation costs if required.
Here are some of the other benefits of working there:
- A competitive salary that is regularly reviewed
- 26 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Flexitime and remote working opportunities
- Free fruit, tea, coffee, and fancy coffee machine
- Huge range of discounts and perks via Perkbox including cycle to work scheme, discount vouchers and more
- Free on-site parking
- Café on-site
- Training and development opportunities
If you are interested in the above then please contact Cameron Wallace or apply today.
To apply for this job email your details to Cameron.Wallace@joblinestaffing.co.uk.