Temporary Full Time
Competitive Hourly rates TBC DOE
Jobline Staffing is recruiting for temporary Surfacing Operatives for CORMAC to work with Surfacing Gangs on Highways Projects throughout Cornwall. There are various roles to fill depending on skill set and ticket held. Roles will be ongoing temporary with the opportunity to go permanent for the right candidate.
Candidates will ideally have road surfacing experience on highway works, but this is not essential as training, guidance and supervision will be given, minimum requirement is CSCS card. Applicants with construction industry, mechanical plant and/or agricultural experience will also be considered.
- Working with resurfacing gangs to carry out a variety of roles,
- Operating the leaf blower, clearing areas before tarmac is laid
- Raker/Shoveller, sweeping, raking area prior to tarmac being laid
- Operation of plant and equipment-
- Paver Operative/Screwsman/Roller Operative (must hold relevant ticket)
- Health and Safety engagement
- Working on own initiative and part of a team
- Training and multi-tasking of duties
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must hold CSCS minimum
- Driving Licence essential
- Previous experience of working in a similar role on highways projects would be advantageous
- Streetworks/NRSWA desirable
- CPCS for relevant plant operator desirable
Roles are physically demanding and require working outside in all weather conditions; therefore you must be prepared for this.
*Night work is paid at time and a half as are hours worked over 40
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please apply to Jane today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.