This support will take the form of programming works and/or scheduling reactive repairs using electronic works ordering and management systems to record actions taken and response times. In addition the post holder will be required to ensure that work schedules are complete containing sufficient detail to enable operational staff to deliver an efficient and timely response.
- To schedule programmed works and reactive repairs to meet the requirements of the Council’s Highway Maintenance Plan and/or the environment service standards.
- To assist with the programming of planned work schemes and maintaining the live program.
- To ensure scheme registers are kept up to date for programmed schemes.
- To ensure that all schedules are accurate and contain sufficient detail to enable operational staff to undertake the required works in a timely and efficient manner.
- To use computerised management systems, such as WDM’s Routine Maintenance System (RMS) to schedule and record details of programmed works, defects and actions taken ensuring that all records are accurate and complete.
- To liaise with customers and operational staff ensuring that accurate information is communicated with regard to the detail of works required and actions taken.
- To provide regular reports on works undertaken and defects repaired.
- To assist with route optimisation for programmed and reactive works scheduling.
- To upload and download data from data capture devices into computerised management systems.
- To assist with routine hardware and software issues and liaise with client system specialists to resolve such.
- To provide general technical and administrative support to operational staff.
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the grading of the post as required.
- Demonstrable experience of computer based management and other construction related back office systems.
- Ability to use a combination of administrative and operational knowledge and understanding to apply to existing and emerging technology
- Some experience of analysing data and producing management reports catering for a range of audience types from lay person to professional/technical.
- An understanding of highways, transportation and environment service provision.
- Demonstrable ability to effectively manage and prioritise workloads in a pressurised environment, despite interruptions and obstacles, being able to process a significant volume of work with speed and a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrable attention to detail and analytical skills with the ability to interpret information, solve problems logically, and make appropriate and timely decisions.
- Knowledge and practical experience of working in a technical/administrative capacity in an operational environment.
- Demonstrable understanding of the need to work in a flexible, efficient manner with a clear ability to communicate and interact with colleagues, customers and the public.
- Competent user of Microsoft office suite of programs, and effective in the use of databases and spreadsheets and the general use of ICT systems and ICT processes
- 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above including English and mathematics.
- Minimum typing/word processing qualifications to RSA 2 or keyboard ability commensurate with this standard
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.