Fixed Term until June 2020
You will work as part of Cornwall Housing Ltd.’s integrated Tenancy Sustainment team to provide a high quality, efficient, and effective service to clients who may be at risk of losing their accommodation and, in some cases, returning to rough sleeping and the accompanying vulnerability that this presents
The key purpose of the team will be:
- To carry out comprehensive needs and risk assessments in order to build a realistic and achievable support plan with the tenant.
- To assist tenants to complete Universal Credit/PIP and other welfare benefit applications and ensure that their rent is being managed effectively.
- To build and maintain good working relationships with Cornwall Housing Private Lets team to ensure that tenants and landlords are supported to the best of your ability.
- To work in close partnership with the Housing Needs and Casework officers to deliver seamless services to customers, with particular reference to safeguarding the council’s budgets and resources and addressing complex cases.
- To form close working relationships with Statutory and non-statutory agencies to ensure that tenants are in receipt of the necessary support to enable them to sustain their accommodation and make positive progress within the support needs identified in their support plan.
- You will need experience of working with vulnerable people or of using services.
- Knowledge and understanding of the housing needs of rough sleepers.
- Use of trauma informed and relationship based practices
- Knowledge, experience and skills in giving advice, information and signposting
- Experience of or willingness to master motivational interviewing skills
- Ability to deliver a comprehensive case management approach and robust development of personalised housing and support plan.
- Solution focussed and risk enabling.
- Able to apply homelessness and housing legislation appropriately.
- Excellent communication with good interpersonal skills, and the ability to act with tact and diplomacy – proven record of calm and measured responses and able to manage in a crisis.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.