Area Technical Officer/Heating
Temporary Full Time
£13.79-£16.15 per hour TBC DOE
Jobline Staffing is recruiting for an experienced Area Technical Officer to work for Cornwall Housing, to manage new heating installations within tenanted properties. This role is temporary full time until March 2021, this maybe extended.
This role will be subject to a DBS clearance
A temporary position to cover sickness absence that will require the candidate to manage the delivery of the electrical heating programme
- Engaging with external contractors, approving designs, monitoring performance and managing installation quality in line with company specifications
- Heating systems being installed will include air source central heating, electrical quantum central heating and gas central heating
- You be responsible for both night storage and air source heating contract delivery, and therefore proven experience in these areas is essential
- Post inspecting heating installations, and signing off completed works for payment
- Ensure an effective inspection, improvements and planned maintenance service is provided by the Homes and Investment Team to our tenants, partners and contractors and the wider Housing and Landlord Service
- To be the interface between tenants, contractors and partners, providing an accurate and friendly first response to a range of daily enquiries and issues regarding planned capital refurbishment work
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Experience in the field of mechanical and electrical heating system and contract administration
- M&E or building related qualification (e.g. BTec National/Higher National Certificate)
- Experience of and a clear understanding of property maintenance matters
- Demonstrate an understanding and empathy with housing clients
- Computer literate as performance monitoring, record keeping, and data capture is held and handled electronically
- Full UK driving licence, candidates will require a full UK driver’s license and use their own vehicle, claiming mileage expenses in line with policy
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required, please apply to Jane today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.