Area Technical Officer
Temporary Full Time
£13.79-£16.15 per hour TBC DOE
Jobline Staffing is recruiting for 3 experienced Area Technical Officers to work for Cornwall Housing. There are various areas to cover managing contracts, disrepair surveys and Estate Improvements. These roles are temporary full time, ongoing, permanent opportunities for the right candidate.
These roles will be subject to a DBS clearance
This role is within the Homes & Investment Directorate and the purpose of the role is to provide day to day supervision and control of external contractors and programmes of work to provide effective management of contracts for Planned Maintenance and cyclical maintenance to the value of approximately £2-3million per year. May also include the refurbishment of void properties or fire damaged properties requiring major or extensive works preparing them for re-let.
- Responsible for the day to day supervision of external contractors
- Ensuring the housing investment programmes of work are delivered on time and within budget. These services are expected to be high quality, cost effective and customer focused
- Deliver the annual investment programme against service standards and budgets, whilst ensuring contract compliance and safe working practices
- Pre-inspection of properties or areas to determine proposed scope and value of draft programmed works
- Preparation of schedules and specifications of work
- Inspection and site surveying of planned maintenance works and other specialist projects in void and tenanted properties
- Inspection of works in progress, and to carry out agreed % post inspections on planned maintenance and specialist projects to ensure quality and value for money
- Instruct and monitor work to major property refurbishments, including pre and post inspection, liaison with utilities suppliers, budgetary control and speed of works to meet KPIs
- Assist in delivery and supervision of cyclical and specialist works as required
- Work in liaison with partners and contractors to examine new and innovative approaches to partnership working
- Work closely with the Housing Health & Safety Officer to ensure compliance with H & S Policies, CDM Regulations and other National standards
- Liaise closely with the other Technical Officers and managers of the service and provide seamless support in the management of cases, complaints and ongoing enquiries
- Monitor payments against budgets, ensuring contractor compliance and identifying and reporting abnormal payments and anomalies to projected budgets
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Building related qualification (e.g. BTec National/Higher National Certificate) or significant experience in construction/social housing
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of all property maintenance matter and an awareness of the certification, legislative and regulatory processes relating to social housing provision
- Attention to detail and analytical skills with the ability to interpret information, solve basic problems logically and make appropriate and timely decisions relating to housing enquiries and the need for escalation
- Competent user of Microsoft office suite of programs, including Excel and Outlook. Effective in the use of databases and spreadsheets and the general use of ICT systems in order to input and extract data
- Full UK Driving licence
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required, please apply to Jane today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.