Cyber Security Engineer
Jobline Staffing is recruiting for a permanent Cyber Security Engineer on behalf of a large-scale Education Tech hub in Cornwall.
As a Cyber Security Engineer, you will gain an understanding of the clients need and then be looked to as the security SME (Subject Matter Expert) for the covered area.
- Security-related administration and configuration of key Microsoft cloud and on-premise technologies, in particular Office 365 and Azure.
- Daily security status checks. Reporting on and responding to alerts as necessary.
- Providing expert advice and support to colleagues and customers.
- Input and advice into project design and related cloud/platforms architecture work.
- Security IR (incident response) – assisting the cybersecurity team to investigate and manage incidents in accordance with KSC policy and processes.
- Vulnerability Assessment & Management – assisting the team to progress an ongoing enterprise-wide vulnerability management program.
- Undertake such other duties within the scope of the post as may, from time to time, be assigned by the Head of Cyber Security Manager to ensure the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of the KCL environment.
- Good knowledge of Office 365 collaboration and the security controls used within this area such as MFA (two-factor auth), DMARC, Microsoft Cloud App Security, Email security (ATP), Anti-phishing protection, Anti-spam, auditing – gained in an enterprise environment. Thorough understanding of good practice security authentication principles as well as vendor-specific access controls across all of 365 suites of products
- Experience using and gaining genuine ROI from the Microsoft Security & Compliance Centre
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Azure – understanding of Identity as a boundary concept, Azure P1, P2 licensing, privilege access management, Network Security groups, host security, Azure key management, Roles based access, NSGs, logging and monitoring.
- Broad knowledge of on-premises technologies such as Windows Server 2016, Active Directory, PowerShell, understanding of Microsoft’s Administrative tier model.
- Awareness of recognised industry security compliance standards and practice i.e. SANs, CIS, ISO/IEC 27k series, PCI-DSS, NCSC, (ISC)²
- Able to work in a proactive and often self-supervising manner yet be relied upon to meet objectives and service level measures
- Holds or seeks to obtain MS-500: Microsoft 365 Security Administration or other relevant security certification.
- Knowledge of and experience with any WAF, WAAP, IDS/IPS, AV, EDR solutions and third-party cloud security tools – ideally Trend Micro and/or FortiNet.
- An understanding of and ideally experience using some security-specific technologies, for example: firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, enterprise AV.
- Previous experience holding some security responsibilities or undertaking security-related tasks, even if not necessarily specialist
- Ability to communicate key information effectively through both written and verbal means to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience of supervised involvement in the investigation and remediation of security incidents
- 25 days holiday per annum
- 10% discretionary bonus
- Flexible working
- Contributory pension scheme
- Modern, comfortable offices a mere 10 minutes from the beach – plus much more!
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please contact Cameron Wallace or apply today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to Cameron.Wallace@joblinestaffing.co.uk.