Temporary Full Time
£15.50 per hour
Jobline Staffing is recruiting for an experienced Electrician to work for one of our clients. Working independently or as part of a team carrying out technical trade repairs, maintenance, electrical testing or improvements to properties throughout Cornwall.
You must hold 18th Edition and Test and Inspect to be considered for this role
*This role will be subject to a DBS clearance*
The purpose of the role is the undertaking of electrical inspection, responsive repairs and capital improvements to properties. To ensure that 100% of electrical repair, maintenance and improvement work is compliant with statutory and legal requirements to ensuring that tenants and properties are safe.
- Carry out technical trade repairs, maintenance and improvement works within properties
- Undertake works in accordance with current regulations with regards to electrical systems and appliances including annual periodic test and report, remedial works, responsive repairs, work arising from service and mutual exchange safety certification. Full or partial electrical system installations as required
- Ensuring compliance with current regulations by the completion of relevant certification
- Accurate recording, completion and submission of paper work including time sheets, job sheets and material usage
- Use of PDA hand held devices, including correctly completed and submitted electronic job orders, time recording, material usage, variations, completion and sign off
- Ensuring accurate requests for special material orders via the appropriate team leader
- Undertake all work efficiently and cost effectively, minimising non-productive time wherever possible and reporting any difficulties encountered to the applicable team leader
- Carry out all duties in an efficient, courteous manner with due respect to any special circumstances or needs of tenants affected
- Responsible for the care and condition of all tools, equipment, spares and other materials used / issued to the post holder
- Be responsible for ensuring safe working procedures are maintained and all site operations are performed in a safe manner in accordance with risk and method assessments/statements to the requirements of CDM regulations
- Present a positive attitude to tenants and leaseholders at all times
- Undertake when required other duties not specifically mentioned within the role profile that are reasonable to the level of accountability
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Completion of relevant apprenticeship; City and Guilds Advanced Craft or equivalent; NVQ Level 3 Electrical Installations or City and Guilds 2360 parts 1 and 2 or equivalent qualification.
- City and Guilds 2382 18th edition Wiring Regulations is essential. City and Guilds 2391 Inspection and Testing of Electrical Installations. Or equivalent is essential. Part ‘P’ Accreditation
- Substantial experience in domestic and commercial electrical installation. Experience in fault finding in electrical systems including heating systems is essential
- ECS/JIB Card and knowledge of Fire alarm/emergency lighting /Three phase systems is desirable
- MICS accreditation or knowledge of renewable technologies to include PV, ASHP, GSHP would be desirable
- Substantial post qualification experience in a repair, inspection, diagnostics, maintenance and improvement environment is essential
- Experience of working within a Housing Maintenance environment
- Good communication skills both verbal and written, planning and organizational skills is essential
- Full UK driving licence
- Confident and self motivated
- Able to work individually or as part of a team
**Own vehicle to be used with payment of mileage due to guidelines for COVID-19**
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required please apply to Jane today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.