Temporary Full Time
Jobline Staffing is recruiting for experienced Electricians to work for one of our clients. This will be to carry out technical trade repairs, maintenance, Electrical testing and improvements to properties throughout Cornwall. This role is temporary full time, to start immediately.
This role will be subject to a DBS clearance
These roles will be based out of Liskeard
We would still consider candidates outside the area but they’d have to be within the North and South by 8:00am and not leave the area until 16:00
To be considered you must hold
Electrical NVQ level 3
Test and Inspection 2391 or Test and Inspection 2394 and 2395
Main responsibility of this role is to carry out inspection and testing on properties. Carrying out remedial works ensuring the property is up to a satisfactory condition. You maybe required to participate in the out of hours call out rota. Will need to be competent in electrical inspection and testing of domestic properties as well as being able to carry out the works required to bring the tested properties up to a satisfactory condition.
- Carry out technical trade repairs, maintenance and improvement works within properties
- Undertake works in accordance with current regulations with regards to electrical systems and appliances including annual periodic test and report, remedial works, responsive & void repairs, work arising from service and mutual exchange safety certification. Full or partial electrical system installations as required
- Ensuring compliance with current regulations by the completion of relevant certification
- Ensuring accurate recording, completion and submission of paperwork including time sheets, job sheets and material usage
- Accurate recording and use of PDA handheld devices, including correctly completed and submitted electronic job orders, time recording, material usage, variations, completion and sign off
- Ensuring accurate requests for special material orders via the appropriate team leader
- Responsible for impressed vehicle stock, impressed vehicle tools and plant, company vehicle, mobile working device
- Undertake all work efficiently and cost effectively, minimising non-productive time wherever possible and reporting any difficulties encountered to the applicable team leader
- Carry out all duties in an efficient, courteous manner with due respect to any special circumstances or needs of tenants affected
- Responsible for the care and condition of all vehicles, plant, tools, equipment, spares and other materials used / issued to the post holder
- To be responsible for the correct use of vehicles in accordance with company policy
- Be responsible for ensuring safe working procedures are maintained and all site operations are performed in a safe manner in accordance with risk and method assessments/statements to the requirements of CDM regulations
- Present a positive attitude to tenants and leaseholders at all times
- Undertake when required other duties not specifically mentioned within the Role Profile that are reasonable to the level of accountability
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Completion of relevant apprenticeship; City and Guilds Advanced Craft or equivalent; NVQ Level 3 Electrical Installations or City and Guilds 2360 parts 1 and 2 or equivalent qualification. City and Guilds 2382
- 18th edition Wiring Regulations is essential.
- City and Guilds 2391 Inspection and Testing of Electrical Installations. Or equivalent is essential. Part ‘P’ Accreditation
- Substantial experience in domestic and commercial electrical installation. Experience in fault finding in electrical systems including heating systems is essential
- ECS/JIB Card and knowledge of Fire alarm/emergency lighting /Three phase systems is desirable
- MICS accreditation or knowledge of renewable technologies to include PV, ASHP, GSHP would be desirable
- Substantial post qualification experience in a repair, inspection, diagnostics, maintenance and improvement environment is essential
- Experience of working within a Housing Maintenance environment is desirable
- Good communication skills both verbal and written, planning and organizational skills is essential
- Full UK driving licence
- Confident and self motivated
- Able to work individually or as part of a team
**NOTE This role does not come with a vehicle, you may have to use your own vehicle and be paid mileage. Limited availability of vehicles means that you may have to wait a few weeks**
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required, please apply to Jane today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.