Redruth or St Austell
Full time or Part time
Jobline arer recruiting for an exciting opportunity to join a leading name in Employment!
An Employment Adviser is responsible for the attraction, registration and progression of Participants to achieve placements. An Employment Adviser will use a variety of techniques including effective diagnosis, individual and group coaching, maximising on any Participant funding available to achieve sustainable employment.
An Employment Adviser will work towards strict targets and guidelines in accordance to the programmes. This is not an exhaustive list and an Employment Adviser will be expected to carry out any other duties as may be specified by their manager from time to time. This profile is non-contractual.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list and as such you will be expected to carry out any other duties that may be specified by your Line Manager from time to time. This job description is noncontractual.
You must have:-
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment, e.g. Customer Services Assistant, Retail Assistant.
- Experience of working in a performance target driven environment. Examples of such experience may include working as an Employment Adviser on a similar contract, being a Recruitment Consultant or experience of Business Development roles, sales targets in a retail business or call centre etc.
- A minimum of 2 A-Levels or an equivalent Level 3 Diploma.
- GCSE English Language at a minimum of a Grade B (or equivalent Level 2 qualification). OR achievement of a Level 2 in Literacy Assessment at interview stage.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment. Examples of such experience may include working as a Holiday Representative or Recruitment Consultant, etc
- Providing a good customer service to Participants including meeting and greeting Participants in a professional way.
- Explains the service offered (details of the programme) including ensuring the Participant understands their rights and responsibilities
- Ensure Initial Assessments focus on getting to know the participant, understanding their motivation for joining the programme (if voluntary participation) and exploration of their aspirations and needs.
- Identify and utilise various approaches where appropriate such as Better Off Calculations (BOC), visionary goal setting, and applicable financial incentives to sell the benefits of the programme and to adequately diagnose first level barriers.
- Identify, clarify and manage the Participant expectations of the process including data protection, confidentiality and ground rules of the programme and the relationship in order to achieve buy-in to the programme.
- Liaises with relevant partners to inform them of Participant registration, to assist with first level and/or deeper level barriers as appropriate.
- Identifies appropriate short and long-term solutions’ and interventions as required by the Participant’s needs, programme constraints and opportunities.
To be considered for the role please email a CV and small cover letter outlining your relevant skills for the role as well as notice period.
If you don’t hear back within 7 days please assume on this occasion your application has not been successful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.