Engineer Multi Skilled (Electrical)
Temporary (Full Time)
Hourly rate £40-£50 per hour TBC DOE
Jobline Staffing is recruiting for temporary Multi Skilled Engineer with an Electrical bias to work for one of our clients in the St Austell area. The role will be a full-time ongoing position.
The role of the multi skilled engineer will be to support our processing plants around the St. Austell area.
The engineer will be required to work shifts (probably nights) and willing to work weekends.
You will be responsible for installing maintaining, modifying and repairing as appropriate site equipment including but not limited to, automation equipment, electrical motor starters, lighting, power distribution equipment, pumps and conveyor systems in a safe, efficient, timely and effective manner with minimum supervision. At times working alongside mechanical, instrumentation and electrical staff to ensure plant availability is maximised and breakdowns are kept to a minimum.
- Carry out planned and preventive maintenance on installed equipment following the provided work plan
- Carry out reactive maintenance to equipment as required. This emergency breakdown work could be across multiple sites in line with the maintenance priority list
- Provide detailed reports of work undertaken including spare parts installed, root cause of faults and complete shift hand over documents
- Take responsibility for your own health and safety and that of your colleague
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must have completed an approved electrical engineering apprenticeship with relevant experience and qualification.
- A full mechanical cross skilling would be a distinct advantage
- A good, practical understanding of industrial plants and systems
- Knowledge of fault finding on electrical circuits using P&IDs, electrical wiring diagrams and test equipment
- Knowledge or experience of working on pneumatic systems, particularly valve actuators and their control equipment would be a distinct advantage
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and to a high standard
- Ability to keep records to a high standard
- Good level of IT skills
- Knowledge and awareness of Health and Safety relevant to the industry, including the isolation of multiple power sources using authorised isolation procedures
- Valid UK Driving licence
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required, please apply to Jane today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.