Temporary Full time
Our client is currently seeking to recruit an experienced Estimator to work on long term civil engineering/highways projects throughout Cornwall & Devon.
We are looking for a thorough Construction estimator to calculate possible costs and gains of construction projects. The ideal candidate will be very comfortable with numbers and analytical. You must have great attention to detail and excellent communication skills. The goal is to provide the company with accurate information that will help in operations and strategic planning.
• Acquire understanding of the requirements of the project/program
• Select metrics to produce valid estimates
• Visit sites and other venues to gather essential information
• Review documents or consult experts to collect all necessary data
• Analyse data and produce forecasts
• Perform risk analysis
• Prepare detailed reports or bids for submission to appropriate parties
• Select advantageous deals by evaluating offers and quotes
• Foster relationships with key clients (subcontractors etc)
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Proven experience as construction estimator
• Basic understanding of accounting and project management concepts
• Deep understanding of research methodology, data analysis and estimation metrics
• Comfortable with numbers and technology
• Great attention to detail
• Excellent communication and negotiation abilities
• Well-organised and reliable
• BSc/BA in engineering, construction science or relevant field
• Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) or other qualification will be desirable
If you are interested in the above and match the criteria required, please apply to Jane today.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Jobline Staffing is an Equal Opportunities employer. Entitlement to work in the UK is essential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.