Field Archaeologist Site Supervisor – Excavations Autumn 2020 (Temporary)
Hourly rate (£11.27 -£13.69)
You will be providing effective support to our client – Cornwall Archaeological Unit (CAU) during the during the excavation of two barrows at Carland Cross in central Cornwall.
We are looking for someone who has previous experience of executing archaeological fieldwork, and is confident in supervising a team of assistants. You will be working under the direction of the CAU Senior Archaeologist.
The project is expected start in November 2020. The excavations are expected to last up to 40 days, with a potential for further work, subject to potential projects commencing
- HND, foundation degree or degree in archaeology or a related subject or equivalent experience.
- Membership of a professional body for the historic environment, such as: the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists, preferably at ACIfA grade, or working towards this.
- CSCS card.
- The normal duties of the role will involve travel throughout Cornwall and it is a condition of employment that you can exercise satisfactory travel mobility in order to fulfil the obligations of the role.
- Knowledge of archaeological recording systems, context sheets, cameras, GPS, etc is desirable.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Knowledge and experience of field archaeology, working towards a broad understanding across the field and knowledge in one or more of the following areas: development-led work, excavation, finds, recording or surveying techniques.
- Have a good track record of archaeological fieldwork, preferably with previous experience of supervising site assistants.
- Knowledge and competence in the practice of professional requirements, standards, methods and techniques relating to the historic environment, for example: field recording.
- Knowledge of current prevailing national and international principles and philosophies of conservation and archaeology
- Knowledge and experience of Health and Safety requirements in a project environment.
All sites are operating in accordance with Covid 19 Public Health guidelines. No accommodation is provided on this project.
Please apply via CV and a concise personal statement describing how you meet the ‘Knowledge, skills & experience’ to Tamsin.firstname.lastname@example.org Jobline are operating as a recruitment agency in respect of this role.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.