Infrastructure Inspector Streetworks
37 Hours per week
£23,758-£32,500 per annum
Jobline Staffing is recruiting for an experienced Infrastructure Inspector to work for Cormac within their Highways team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company and secure a permanent role with excellent benefits.
To ensure that any works taking place on or for incorporation into, the Council’s built infrastructure comply with the current legislation and policy. The overriding objective is to ensure that any infrastructure is fit for purpose, safe and to the correct standard for incorporation into the highway asset.
The role will be covering Mid/East Cornwall areas such as St Austell, Bude, Saltash, Bodmin, Liskeard, Launceston
Ensure that any works taking place on or for incorporation into the Councils built infrastructure comply with the current requirements of the NRSWA, Codes of Practices and CC Specifications with regards to materials, workmanship and Health and Safety legislation.
- Investigate and approve variations to methods of working or the reinstatement requirements
- Resolve queries from Statutory Undertakers, Contractors and Other Works
- Utilise Infrastructure management systems where appropriate
- Organise and manage investigation/verification programmes of completed works
- Answer queries relating to works on the Council’s Infrastructure from Elected Members, Town and Parish Councillors, Developers, Consultants, Statutory Undertakers, Builders, Contractors and the General Public
- Carry out inspections to facilitate the adoption of new infrastructure and for the supervision of remedial works
- Assist the adoptions engineer throughout the adoption process including the review of material test certificates, CCTV reports and preparation of defect and remedial reports for developers and contractors
- Contribute to the development of inspection processes and documentation for the adoption of new infrastructure
- Liaise with Contractors and Statutory Undertakers to ensure that their works do not cause undue inconvenience and delay to the travelling public
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Experience of highway design and/or maintenance, construction practices and techniques including sustainable drainage systems
- Track record of working on own initiative and seeking pragmatic solutions to problems
- Driving licence
- Understanding of Highways Act particularly relating to S278 and S38 agreements
- Appreciation of the Advance Payments Code
- Relevant professional qualifications and/or membership of an appropriate professional body
- Knowledge of NRSWA 1991
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.